"'All beings' is a lot of freakin' people, and they're NOT
going to be Buddhists.  So I educate myself to be more understanding
and tolerant."

Very good, very practical. But I think you educate yourself not to just
understand and be tolerant but to work inside them! You assert, Buddhism IS
"Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Greek mythology, Hinduism, Tibetan Buddhism,
Taoism etc.." What joy it is to find the connections and work from within
the puzzle! (Though it gets very "joyful" when you meet the symbolism of
medieval alchemy and relate that to Taoism and then to Buddhism. As is done
in the website I keep mentioning.)

Socrates, who was proved to be enlightened in "Socrates and the
Enlightenment Path" by William Bodri did the same thing! His disciples would
not seek freedom or any such thing--they were obsessed with beauty and
sex--so he used association and reasoning very similar to skandhas to
skillfully lead to Buddha nature and correctly explained how to cultivate:
by letting go everything and restoring emptiness to naturally drop ego and
becoming one with the universe. Socrates used his method of questioning to
dismantle a person's theories and so teach them to let go of everything and
rest in the pure Original Nature through zazen.

Different words, different traditions, so what? Tao, Original Nature--it's
all the same!
--Ahmed

P.S.: This is the very theme of www.meditationexpert.com and is useful and
exciting to know for the bodhisattva who has vowed to save all sentient
beings. You probably have already visited meditationexpert.com and
discovered the similarities of ideas.