I agree, and I like the term you've coined "emotional (or mental)
metabolism". And I agree, meditation is the best tool, although for
some, they come to it via the therapist's couch first. For anyone
who is truly disabled by depression, I think that's the way to
begin, as some pretty tough things can come up in practice and it's
helpful to have a guide. If it were me, I'd want someone with some
background in Buddhism.

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "dkotschessa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>