--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> In our lineage, we begin with, "This meal is the labour of countless
> beings, let us remember their toil". Kind of like the four vows we
> chant in our lineage, "All beings, without number, I vow to
liberate",
> I guess we just don't want to leave anybody out.
>
> Susan

When I first recited the "72 labors" gatha off the little peice of
paper they handed me at Zen Mountain Monastery, I thought "now this is
the right way of thinking."  Not that I have anything against people
thanking "God", but those 72+ people (and their parents!) really
worked their asses off to provide this food for us.  I always thought
it was such a beautiful and appropriate tribute.

Still just curious where they got 72...

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/S27xlB/TM