Hi Jarvis,

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Jarvis Stamply" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> You don't think that you could find a part of the forest where not
too many
> people were trudging through?

Might indeed be difficult - I live in Belgium and that is a highly
populated country. There are a lot of forests in the neighborhood,
but all rather small and well-visited. To find some quiet forests I
have to drive some 1,5 - 2 hours (Ardennes or north of France).

> There is no such rule about sitting in front of a white wall.
Where did you
> read that nonsense?

Good question... I can't reach my library now to look it up in my
books. A search on the Internet on how to sit zazen results in texts
that almost all speak about 'facing a wall' - but of course Internet
pages are not really a reference, everyone can put everything on it.
I am however sure it is described by that Zen master (forgot his
name, sorry) that described how to sit zazen... you know, in a clean
room, well lightened, and so on.