From: "Sodaiho-roshi" <  We scheduled the time outdoors as an exercise to
increase concentration and to offer a variety of experience. Remember, this
was a 30 day retreat where we were obligated to sit zazen for eight hours
each day.>>

8 hours each day! Did you get to do zazen at night? I was reading that back
in the day (Dogen's era) the monks would meditate until 11 at night and then
start again at two in the morning?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/S27xlB/TM