"Regardless of who sees it, there really is a cloud in this sheet of paper,
as well as a bark beetle, a handful of soil, a bit of bird poop, even the
gasoline that powered the logger's chain saw. It is even possible that if
you were to chronicle the history of those carbon atoms currently part of
the page you are now holding, you would find that they were once part of
Peter the Great, a woolly mammoth, or (and!) a Komodo dragon, before
they found themselves incorporated into the loblolly pine that eventually
became this particular sheet of paper."
-David P. Barash, "Buddhism and the 'Subversive Science,'" *The Chronicle
of Higher Education*

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/S27xlB/TM