From: "Jarvis Stamply" <Get off your high-horse already. This is about how
people practice Zen, it is not your forum for Judgment of others.>>

BTW, I have never held myself out as having any insights, being a
vegetarian, or otherwise having any other reason to feel superior about
anything except for people that think that they are somehow enlightened,
gifted, insightful, benevolent, etc.

Everyone should stick it to people that announce that they are vegetarians.
Who cares? They never tell you about it in the context of their diet ("I am
a vegetarian because the fiber helps me shit better"). Nope. It is always to
let you know that they think that they are somehow superior because they
only kill vegetables and fruits, not animals. Vegetarians always love to
announce that they are vegetarians whenever they are having a discussion
about anything that has nothing to do with vegetables, nutrition, or diet.

Like somebody went fishing, and some vegetarian has to take numerous shots
at that person, and mention their vegetarianism as if it was some kind of
badge of spiritual purity. BTW, Gandhi was a vegetarian, and he liked to
sleep with twelve year old girls.
http://www.straightdope.com/columns/040813.html

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/S27xlB/TM