Hi Rob,
Welcome . I would recomend Taking the Path of Zen by Robert Aitkin and The Three Pillars of Zen by Philip Kapleau Roshi. Three pillars is a more in depth book and goes into greater detail , explaining both Shikantaza ( Just sitting) and Koan introspection.
    Some other good books are :
  Zen mind, beginer's Mind By Shunryu Suzuki
  Everyday Zen by Charlotte Joko Beck
   Appreciate your Life by Taizan Maezumi Roshi

Best wishes , John.

rob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Greetings, Freinds:

According to the group welcome message, one should "...take another
moment to introduce yourself and begin a thread of discussion." So here
goes:

My name is Rob. I am new to Zen. I was interested in this group because
of the discussion of books and practice. I hope I will be able to learn
or perhaps even to "unlearn." I am reading some books by Kabat-Zinn and
Mark Epstein, but nothing in particular to Zen, yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions about where to start?

Many thanks,

-Rob

See the all-new, redesigned Yahoo.com. Check it out. __._,_.___

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS