--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, donald hwong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If I was Rob, I would ask, what is "competent"?  How would I know I
would be save at my first dipping into the water? How would I know
which book to start, so that I am on the right track?

Yes! Donald, that was exactly my next question. What's "competent,"
and do I recognize it when I see it? :-)

If Buddhism is the middle path, maybe I'll throw out only half my books.

But which ones?

--
Rob