Hello DavidK,

This is good stuff.  May I have your permission to quote some of these in our website?

Also you mentioned, "The "spirit" is the energy of mindfulness"

Actually our school teaches that the life force and wisdom of the universe is pure energy.  All we have to do is to sync with it. No need of sutras, teachings, KOAN, just proper meditaton technique.  Everything else is for eviction of the mind.

dkotschessa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
To draw a thread through the Judeo-Christian concept and Buddhism, I
like the idea Thich Naht Hahn proposed in "Living Buddha, Living
Christ." He basically equates "the holy spirit" to a person is
mindful. I have been reading the new Testament and it actually fits
rather well. Stretch your thinking a bit to accomodate the obvious
differences in terminology:

8: 9 But you are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are
controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you.
(And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living
in them do not belong to him at all.)10 And Christ lives within you,
so even though your body will die because of sin, the Spirit gives
you life* because you have been made right with God.11 The Spirit of
God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you...

8:12 Therefore, dear brothers and sisters, you have no obligation to
do what your sinful nature urges you to do.13 For if you live by its
dictates, you will die. But if through the power of the Spirit you
put to death the deeds of your sinful nature, you will live.

To me this is identical with the instructions given to us by the
Buddha. Be mindful and do what is skillful. Don't do what is not
skillful. The "spirit" is the energy of mindfulness. They call it a
spirit, we just call it being mindful, or don't call it anything!

You know what else is cool, is that in Hebrew the word for Spirit is
the same for the word for "wind." We can think of "wind" as breath
if we want. It all comes back to the breath!

Do you Yahoo!?
Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta. __._,_.___