--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Serge Blais <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> (Wrong button previous post, sorry)
>
> There are many paths to get to the top of the
> mountain, but if you keep jumping from one path to
> another one, you'll never get anywhere.
>
> Some people can reconcile following more than one
> path, but they are few that can actually do it.
>
> We all "believe" that the end up to the same place.
> But how many have reached the top and can actually
> tell us that any path will get us to the same place?
>
> My view is, take your path and follow it, regardless
> of anyone else is saying. This may fall into an
> organized group, it may not.
>
> Serge

I think it is important to pick a practice and stick with it.  I am a
Zen practitioner, regardless of what I read. I take all my reading,
studying, doing whatever else I do to be a part of that practice.
I'm not into creating some new religion where you wake up at 4:30 go
to the zendo to sing Hallelujiah at the top of your lungs before
chanting the heart sutra and then reading from the Torah.  (Though
that sounds like fun.)