Donald H courteously replied:

> I am just sharing as is and not emphasizing nor categorizing.

I understand.

> The key point is her "new" experience, while she is not expecting and not
> following >
any kind of methodology.

This makes sense, and is a common side-effect of opening of the "dharma eye".

> I don't know the term "samsarah" please help.

Sanskrit for delusion or illusion, I'm not sure which...But in Japanese Zen (and
Korean) defeating it is the goal of meditation. When you defeat samsarah, you
reach
kensho or enlightenment...Or so I recall from "The Three Pillars of Zen"...

> As to the sensing and sharing the discomfort of others are experienced by
> most of
> our diligent practitioners.

Yes...Also a sign of spiritual growth or some such...

> Based on her description, there seems no "frequent or constant glimpse". I
> believe
> that she was just overwhelmed. And she is much content in sitting long hours
> now.

I'll bet. I sure was when this happened to me...No, not constant and not even
frequent...In my case, just on occasion and quite "out of the blue". My point
is all of
the teachers I've encountered both IRL and in books or online urge students not
cling to these...The object is not to create more psychics, but to train the
mind to
see beyond what we normally see. Or so they say (I'm just paraphraising). :)

> Our "Dharma Wheel" is similar to the chakra, but may not be excactly the
> same. I
> suspect that we had strong Daoist influence. Like FengShui and Accupuncture.
> I have >
not had the chance to dig any further. But they work great for our
practitioners and >
myself, especially practiced together with the 36 Motion Chan from BodhiDharma.

I think I get it. I was thinking about "prayer wheels" like the Tibetans use.

> I suspect there are a lot of differences yet to be discovered. Chinese Chan
> were
> destroyed in Communist China and has a very short history in the US. Our
> school has >
not begin to teach in the US yet. So far most of our practitioners are from
Taiwan
> and learned there.

Ok, I understand...You are re-starting a tradition....

> And yes, I am honored to be ordained by a Chinese LinChi Chan Master. I don't
> consider myself any different. I am learning like everyone else. With this
> Dharma
> honor, I actually have to practice and study a little harder. Meaning, my
> finger
> works only some of the time, if it does work at all. :-D

I hear ya. I've been offline a lot practicing IRL...As to rebuilding the Lin Chi
school, I'm sure there are works here in the US that would serve you, that you
can't
get on paper in China but could get via the net...And I'm sure there are more
than
enough Zen Rebels here in the West that can get them for you. :)

> I use my Dharma name of JMJM only for paying deep respect to Dharma I was
> taught and
> transmit the Dharma blessing to others.

This is good...

> Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

I'm sure that there are more than a few waiting to ask away. :)

Namaste,

Gassho,
John - who has no dharma name...

Ki is extending,
John Davis

"Let us have a Universal Mind
that loves and protects all creation
and helps all things grow and develop.
To unify mind and body and become One with the Universe
is the ultimate purpose of our study."
                                 -- Koichi Tohei Sensei

"Masakatsu - Righteous victory, proper attitude
Agatsu - Victory over self
Katsuhayahi - Victory over speed of light, doing things so perfectly that time
is no longer a factor"
                                 -- Akira Tohei Sensei, no relation to  the
above. This from an interview in www.aikidoonline.com/ .

"Beware the Medical-Industrial Complex!"
                                -- John Davis
Visit my webstore:
http://eismembers.com/member/DavisDryGoodsandEmporium/