From: "Yoga Journal Newsletter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Daily Insight -- Herbs for Your Dosha
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:59:00 -0700

If you are having trouble reading this email, please visit http://www.yogajournal.com/dailyinsight/101306.html.
Please add [EMAIL PROTECTED] to your Email Address Book or Safe List to ensure the delivery of this newsletter to your inbox.

October 13, 2006

Herbs for Your Dosha

Ayurveda teaches that the healing power of herbs is based more on their energetic nature than on their chemical nature. To utilize Ayurvedic herbs, you must understand the energetic nature of your own conditioned imbalances—as well as the energetic nature of herbs and foods—in order to restore balance.
Herbal healing involves a complex interaction between two elements: the energetic nature, or prakriti, of the herbs; and the patient's condition, or imbalance, otherwise known as the individual's vikriti. Herbs are products of nature and store within themselves unique patterns of energy (prana), which reflect the nature of their surrounding environment, including the amount and quality of sunlight, soil nutrients, temperature, moisture, and dryness. These energies create the taste of the herb; its heating or cooling ability, its virya; its prime attributes, or gunas (whether it is sattvic, rajasic, or tamasic); and, most importantly, its post-digestive effect on the patient's three doshas (vata, pitta, and kapha).

An Ancient Cure for Modern Medicine
http://www.yogajournal.com/health/647_1.cfm?ctsrc=nldn

Yoga for Your Dosha
http://www.yogajournal.com/health/858_1.cfm?ctsrc=nldn

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small Business. __._,_.___