Good weekend to all,

Another group has asked me to upload a file as a intro and guide for beginners'
meditation practice.  I shall do so also with this group.

If the admin of this group did not like it, please just delete it.

Namaste,
Donald

Phillip Rogers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
First go to a few posts by Donald a few days ago he has some pretty interesting
posts on beginners Zen Meditation. I do the belly breathing meditation that he
posted every evening. However, in the morning I do this practice: I first
stretch to prepare my body for meditation, then I sit and relax my body. I
adjust my sitting so that I am straight backed, the best thing to do is to
elevate your butt because that makes it easier to sit straight. get comfortable
for a few minutes. Then cross your legs and place your hands in your lap or on
your knees. Try and rid your body of all tension. Take a few deep breaths and
then just breath NORMALLY, do not try and force your breath. let your attention
rest on your breath at the tip of your nose. Know that when you breath in you
are breathing in, etc. Softly attend to your breath do not force your
attention. When you lose concentration then acknowledge that your mind wandered
then gently bring it back to your breath.
   Meditation is very difficult because we are trying to undo what we have done
since our birth which is run from thought to though without concentration, but
it gets easier. Also remember that in Zen what works for you will be best we
cannot become attached to anyone method, but we must use whatever works for us.
Breathing meditation seems to be the easiest for beginners. I hope this helps.

  Peace,
  Allen

jbaby36 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
      Peace to you all. I am new to  zazen, And, my feet have only just
touched the river of Zen. I sit, breathe, and, try to loose myself
from within. But, the noise of a restless mind, brings me little
peace. What am I doing wrong? My belly burns from breathing. I feel
like 5 minutes have passed. But, when I open my eyes, I see only 3
have. I do not expect much from my first time. But, can it truly be
THIS hard? Please, someone help me see what am I doing wrong?

Jeff

It's here! Your new message!
Get  new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar.