Dear friends:

Under Donald suggestion I would like to bring as a theme for practice
and dharma discussion the theme about negative emotions.  I like to
talk about negative emotions because they harm me and they also harm
life around me. It worries me very much to have negative emotions
because when these negative emotions arise in me I become a rather
destructive person and that scares me a lot.  We all people are like
flowers.  Different countries have different flowers and paesage.  I
am very much a Mediterranean flower which means full of passion and
warm.  Mediterranean people we seem to feel life to its very
extremes.  This is not very buddhist but this is the sort of flower I
am.  The practice I have been trying to do for years is the practice
of stopping.  The practice of stopping means that first I acknowledge
the negative emotion.  Then I sit down, close my eyes and breathe
with the awareness of the in and out breath.  When I do this in full
awarenes of the emotion, feeling it and embracing it, then and
depending upon the power or strenght of the negative emotion in me;
The five or ten inhalations and exhalations can be of excruciating
mental pain.  The emotion becames really bitter and the awarenes os
the breath becames like the desifectant of the wound.  But I hold and
embrace its bitternes.  I don't run away, I stay with it for as long
as it needs.  Then at certain point I know through the way the air
circulates alone my spine and the up and down of my abdomen whether
the knot of suffering has been disolved or not.  But don't get me
wrong I do fail very often of stopping because the habit energy is so
strong in me that I can not make it alone!.  Perhaps this is an
important reason searching like mad practicioners in the net so that
I can have the support of a sangha.
Do you have yourselves negative emotions?.  How do you deal with
them?.  Please share with the group your all experiences.

Thank you Donald for your suggestions.
A white flower to you all from:
Mayka

reading! Talk about it today!