Dear Mayka,

I sense from your first post, that you were looking for practices that helps
and not theories or logic. I understand.

As you know there are many school for Zen.  I can only share with you what I
was taught and experienced in along with many other practitioners.

In our school, we don't embrace the fear, or the sadness, or any of the
negative or even positive feelings.   We always teach to do Belly Breathing,
like an infant.  To "follow" the breathing path with the key words of "SSDL".
Please see the file that I uploaded or the links Allen posted.

As Allen said, be an observer instead of a participant.  As Bill said, change
the direction that you are "thinking".  They are all valid practices.  With
this physical breathing excercise with your belly, your mental activity could
be supported with more efficiency.

They key however is never to be anxious about what you want.  Just follow the
breathing path, relax and never chase after your thoughts.  Let it come and let
it go. Be an observer and never gets involved with any of it.  Be cool.  Be
objective.  Be a third party. Get it?

It takes about one month doing it daily to notice some effect, then 3-6 month
for the effect to stay.

It is not hard, just try it.

Don't worry about offending anyone.  Most of the people in this group can
understand and accept almost everything.

Mayka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                                  Dear friends:
 Under Donald suggestion I would like to bring as a theme for practice
 and dharma discussion the theme about negative emotions.  I like to
 talk about negative emotions because they harm me and they also harm
 life around me. It worries me very much to have negative emotions
 because when these negative emotions arise in me I become a rather
 destructive person and that scares me a lot.  We all people are like
 flowers.  Different countries have different flowers and paesage.  I
 am very much a Mediterranean flower which means full of passion and
 warm.  Mediterranean people we seem to feel life to its very
 extremes.  This is not very buddhist but this is the sort of flower I
 am.  The practice I have been trying to do for years is the practice
 of stopping.  The practice of stopping means that first I acknowledge
 the negative emotion.  Then I sit down, close my eyes and breathe
 with the awareness of the in and out breath.  When I do this in full
 awarenes of the emotion, feeling it and embracing it, then and
 depending upon the power or strenght of the negative emotion in me;
 The five or ten inhalations and exhalations can be of excruciating
 mental pain.  The emotion becames really bitter and the awarenes os
 the breath becames like the desifectant of the wound.  But I hold and
 embrace its bitternes.  I don't run away, I stay with it for as long
 as it needs.  Then at certain point I know through the way the air
 circulates alone my spine and the up and down of my abdomen whether
 the knot of suffering has been disolved or not.  But don't get me
 wrong I do fail very often of stopping because the habit energy is so
 strong in me that I can not make it alone!.  Perhaps this is an
 important reason searching like mad practicioners in the net so that
 I can have the support of a sangha.
 Do you have yourselves negative emotions?.  How do you deal with
 them?.  Please share with the group your all experiences.
 Thank you Donald for your suggestions.
 A white flower to you all from:

Be a PS3 game guru.