Welcome new members!

--- Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com wrote:

---------------------------------

1.
                       Hello, Everyone!              Posted
by:      "jbaby36"
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
jbaby36
      Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:09 pm        (PST)                    Peace
to you all. I am
new to zazen, And, my feet have only just
touched the river of Zen. I sit, breathe, and, try to loose myself
from within. But, the noise of a restless mind, brings me little
peace. What am I doing wrong? My belly burns from breathing. I feel
like 5 minutes have passed. But, when I open my eyes, I see only 3
have. I do not expect much from my first time. But, can it truly be
THIS hard? Please, someone help me see what am I doing wrong?

Jeff

Hi Jeff...Well, first off don't close your eyes completely. Just
close them half way,
not quite a squint, which takes effort, just half lidded. Then find a
spot on the floor
or wall about 6' away and fix your gaze on it. As to the "noise" in
your head, just let
it pass without paying attention to it. This takes practice...

Your belly burns because you are building up Ki in it. There are many
visualizations to
use to handle this, I use some specific to the Ki-Society Aikido
school, so I'll leave
it up to others to give you some more Zen ones. (Also, mine involve
exercises...)

                          2.
                       A white lotus flower to everyone
Posted by:
"Mayka"
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
maria818448                             Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:03
am        (PST)
         Hello everyone,
My name is Maria Mayka and have been a practicioner of zen for
several
years.  The only zen Master Teacher I have known and experienced
through the years has been Vietnamese Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh. I
have joined this group mostly to learn, practice and share life
experiences within the practice with other zen practicioners.  I am
not
as much interested about the intelectual and academic side of
buddhism
but the practice . So far in all zen groups founded in the net no
real
sharing experiences of the practice seemed to be there which is shows
how little we all practice.
A lotus to you all from
Mayka

Mayka, thanks for the flower. I love Thich Nhat Hanh's books. He is
an outstanding
teacher. You could not do much better than him.

I hope you enjoy our little sangha here.

Ki is extending,
John Davis