Dear Donald:

I answered before but I do not know where it went the answer when I 
click on the Send.   
Trying again:
Thank you for your good intentions, insight, guidance, advice and 
support which I really value because I sense that you are a 
practicioner into the practice. However, it seems as English is not 
my mother tongue perhaps the theme and contribution inserted in the 
forum was or not appropiately written or not appropiately 
understood.  You say that in your school and personal practice you 
don't embrace your feelings...
I am a follower from Master Zen Thich Nhat Hanh and perhaps he is 
from a different school that you are.  Perhaps the only variation is 
the way of transmiting the teaching but the substance is exactly the 
same.  In fact what I inserted in the forum was myself experience and 
nothing else.  To me a teaching it is just a guidance.  I believe 
that the Buddha himself said: "Do not believe in all what I say but 
experience it first".  Teachings are not to be taken strictly as they 
are passed on to us but we have to apply them accordingly with our 
needs and reality.  To me the awarenes of the breathing is 
everything.  It is the teacher because depends upon how it circulates 
in my body that I can acknowledge the knots of suffering in me.  I 
can also disolve that knots by facing,  embracing the suffering and 
keep breathing till the energy of the air can circulate with 
freedom.  Then is when naturally the belly goes up and down without 
any problem, free of any obstacle.  But I do not force the breath, I 
just let it be.  It is very new for me to hear that you don't embrace 
your suffering.  Interesting way that I would love you share with all 
of us.      

>
> Dear Mayka,
> 
> I sense from your first post, that you were looking for practices 
that helps and not theories or logic. I understand.
> 
> As you know there are many school for Zen.  I can only share with 
you what I was taught and experienced in along with many other 
practitioners.  
> 
> In our school, we don't embrace the fear, or the sadness, or any of 
the negative or even positive feelings.   We always teach to do Belly 
Breathing, like an infant.  To "follow" the breathing path with the 
key words of "SSDL".  Please see the file that I uploaded or the 
links Allen posted.
> 
> As Allen said, be an observer instead of a participant.  As Bill 
said, change the direction that you are "thinking".  They are all 
valid practices.  With this physical breathing excercise with your 
belly, your mental activity could be supported with more efficiency.
> 
> They key however is never to be anxious about what you want.  Just 
follow the breathing path, relax and never chase after your 
thoughts.  Let it come and let it go. Be an observer and never gets 
involved with any of it.  Be cool.  Be objective.  Be a third party. 
Get it?
> 
> It takes about one month doing it daily to notice some effect, then 
3-6 month for the effect to stay.
> 
> It is not hard, just try it.
> 
> Don't worry about offending anyone.  Most of the people in this 
group can understand and accept almost everything.  
> 
> Namaste,
> Donald
> 
> Mayka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                                  Dear 
friends:
>  
>  Under Donald suggestion I would like to bring as a theme for 
practice 
>  and dharma discussion the theme about negative emotions.  I like 
to 
>  talk about negative emotions because they harm me and they also 
harm 
>  life around me. It worries me very much to have negative emotions 
>  because when these negative emotions arise in me I become a rather 
>  destructive person and that scares me a lot.  We all people are 
like 
>  flowers.  Different countries have different flowers and paesage.  
I 
>  am very much a Mediterranean flower which means full of passion 
and 
>  warm.  Mediterranean people we seem to feel life to its very 
>  extremes.  This is not very buddhist but this is the sort of 
flower I 
>  am.  The practice I have been trying to do for years is the 
practice 
>  of stopping.  The practice of stopping means that first I 
acknowledge 
>  the negative emotion.  Then I sit down, close my eyes and breathe 
>  with the awareness of the in and out breath.  When I do this in 
full 
>  awarenes of the emotion, feeling it and embracing it, then and 
>  depending upon the power or strenght of the negative emotion in 
me;  
>  The five or ten inhalations and exhalations can be of excruciating 
>  mental pain.  The emotion becames really bitter and the awarenes 
os 
>  the breath becames like the desifectant of the wound.  But I hold 
and 
>  embrace its bitternes.  I don't run away, I stay with it for as 
long 
>  as it needs.  Then at certain point I know through the way the air 
>  circulates alone my spine and the up and down of my abdomen 
whether 
>  the knot of suffering has been disolved or not.  But don't get me 
>  wrong I do fail very often of stopping because the habit energy is 
so 
>  strong in me that I can not make it alone!.  Perhaps this is an 
>  important reason searching like mad practicioners in the net so 
that 
>  I can have the support of a sangha.
>  Do you have yourselves negative emotions?.  How do you deal with 
>  them?.  Please share with the group your all experiences. 
>  
>  Thank you Donald for your suggestions.
>  A white flower to you all from:
>  Mayka  
>  
>  
>      
>                        
> 
>  
> ---------------------------------
> Be a PS3 game guru.
> Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at 
Yahoo! Games.
>




Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today! 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to