Hi Chris!

Welcome to the group.  I am myself new here.  I saw your message but
waited for someone to welcome you first.  This is a different Zen
School from the one I have been following and this is why I waited for
others to welcome you first so that they could answer your questions
within the tradition they follow.  Although zen in substance is the
same teaching everywhere, they seem to have some variations in the way
they practice from the tradition transmited to me by Vietnamese Zen
Master Thich Nhat Hanh. However, I am not a very diligent practicioner
and a little bit like yourself I am in and off of the practice. I like
the way Bill introduce himself to you and the kindnest he use to you.

May you be happy amongst us
A white lotus to you from
Mayka