--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Rachel Stimson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am nearing the end of The Complete Book of Zen and am quite keen to
> continue
studying.  Can anyone recommend any books that are suitable for a novice and
maybe a
few once I have progressed a bit.
> Thanks
> Rachel
> Now you can scan emails quickly with a reading pane. Get the new Yahoo! Mail.
> http://

Rachel, I think you might enjoy this book.  It is from classical Zen.  The
translator, Thomas
Cleary, notes the following in his introduction:

"The following pages contain essential Zen teachings on realizing this original
mind in all of us.  These teachings have been selected from the voluminous Zen
canon for
their accessibility, their clarity, and above all their practical effectiveness
in fostering Zen
concentrations and insights."

The title of the book is:  Teachings of Zen (Shambhala, Boston & London, 1998)