Hi Bill,

Bored? How is Thailand?  I will be flying to Taiwan and China and Hong Kong in
three weeks.......

Toward the end of Buddha's life, he transmitted heart to heart the life force
and wisdom without words or formalities to Kasyapa.  BodhiDharma brought that
to China and slowly evolved with other Chinese culture into Chan, a Chinese
name.  700 years later Chan was brought to Japan.  The Japanese pronounced the
same Chinese character - Zen.

Chan I know very well.  Chan in my opinion is the essence of Buddha's teaching.
 There is no difference.  Any difference is in our mind.

Now you can slaughter me.....
Donald

Bill Smart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                                  What are
the differences between 'zen' and 'buddhism'?

8:00? 8:25? 8:40?  Find a flick in no time