Hi, group:  I'm new here.  I wonder if anybody can help me locate an
aphorism on reincarnation I read once.  The essence of it stuck with
me, but I lost the actual quote.  It's something to the effect that we
really need to use our time in this life to practice diligently,
because the odds of being reborn are the same as those of a blind
cormorant surfacing perfectly through the center of a rope ring that
is floating somewhere on the seven seas.

Except it was stated a little more elegantly than that.

Has anyone come across that one?

Thanks,
Chad