I think one can practice Zen without being a Buddhist because Zen is a
philosophy and not a religion. All one has to do is sit...

----- Original Message ----
From: Bill Smart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2007 9:31:26 PM
Subject: [Zen] Re: Not Caveat Emptor

Mike and Guy, Thank you for your responses.

Let me ask this question a different way:

Can you practice zen without being buddhist? If no, why? If not,
why?

Thanks...Bill!

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ps.com, mike brown <uerusuboyo@ ...> wrote:

> The heart of the subject is the same.
>
> anatmanwave <anatmanwave@ ...> wrote: ---Same thing, Zen
comes from Chan from the Chinese, they morphed it
> from India.
> Just a matter of semantics but subject is the same.
>
> Guy
>
> In [EMAIL PROTECTED] ps.com, "Bill Smart" <BillSmart@> wrote:
> >
> > What is the relationship, if any, between zen and buddhism?

> Support the World Aids Awareness campaign this month with Yahoo!
for Good

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.