Mountains were mountains...

anatmanwave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:                               --- Just
be with the smell of shit till i can get off. This is the
 reality of the situation. Maybe offer the guy a few kind words, I
 could only imagine his mortification. Guy

 In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, mike brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 > When the old drunk guy sitting next to you on the train farts and
 shits himself and the odour fills the carriage - are you going to
 cleanse your chakras or what else are you going to do?

 > Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 Koan is for the practitioners to wake to the fact that we are
 enslaved by our mind.  Such that we could open our Inner Self and be
 in touch the "real form" of the universe, which is the invisible
 life force and wisdom of the universe in a complete separate domain
 from the domain of the consciousness.

 > That's my witness.
 >
 > Fa Jian wrote:
 >
 > A Koan is a story, dialogue, question or statement in the history
 and lore
 > of Zen, generally containing aspects that are inaccessible to
 rational
 > understanding, yet that may be accessible to intuition. A famous
 Koan is,
 > "Two hands clap and there is a sound; what is the sound of one
 hand?" (oral
 > tradition, attributed to Hakuin Ekaku, 1686-1769, considered a
 reviver of
 > the Koan tradition in Japan).
 >
 > _____

 On Behalf
 > Of Al
 > Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2007 07:00
 > To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
 > Subject: [Zen] Zen Koans
 >
 > I realize that there are many interesting stories about Zen Koans.
 I have
 > found it to be very entertaining reading.
 >
 > However, some of the koans make me wonder if they do not have to be
 > interpreted based on a culture of alcoholism and illiteracy which
 existed
 > back in those days? Some of those stories only make sense if the
 people
 > involved had been drinking heavily.

 > Checked by AVG Free Edition.
 12/22/2007