On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 05:52:32 -0800, anatmanwave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> ---Dear ZenBob,
> The absolute and the reletive are not "to a degree reletive"
> or "Absolutist". I'm reffering here to the Absolute and Reletive
> truth of the Universe.

    I realize that...but the relative and absolute truth of the universe
    are relative to the degree of our ability to perceive or understand
    the universe, because there is no absolute universe without us in it,
    nor could there be "us" without the universe.  The universe will go on
    existing, even without us from a relative perspective...

    At any relative moment...the exact here and now, we are still
    thinking, processing, judging, even when we seek to put those
    habits to rest.  I understand the objective of Zen, what I am speaking
   to is the nature of humans, the actual real state of relative existince
in the
    here and now.  We may be at Zen attainment, we may fall out of it from
   one instant to the next.  What is the variable?  It is our thought and
   of course, the experience of the world around us.  We are choosing,
even when we claim to be not choosing.  To forget that or to believe
otherwise
is self-deception.  Sure, I know the "it is not the I that chooses"
perspective,
but peal away another layer of onionskin from our ego or "self
identification" and
you or I will find another layer beneath that.

>  The Reletive truth is that things exist here and now in this exact
> moment, not the moment ahead or behind. Form springing up from the
> Universe. It's why the Zen student who stunned his toe exlaimed "I
> will not be fooled again"
> The Absolute truth is that all things, one thing; therefore no
> thing. The Universe springing from form.

    Sure, but where did you learn that?  Which world do you see without
your eyes?
    What truths did you learn without teachers?  See, if you truly
understand the
    nature of reality, you also realize that thought is both liberation and
cage...
    The more one argues for a univberse that springs from form without
individual
identity the more you have refuted the argument that you are trying to put
forth.
One cannot shout for silence and be in harmony.

> So when you responded by saying "nothing exist", you answered my
> post in the Absolute while I was reffering to the Reletive. Kinda
> like playing checkers and suddenly you're trying to play by the
> rules of chess. I can just as easily play chess, but we were playing
> checkers. you wanna stick to one conversation? :p Guy

     I appreciate what you are saying, but your writing was based on a
supposition,
a construct of "what if?"  This allowed me to respond as if the nature of
the problem was
rooted in thought, not in actuality.  Fair game.  The process would have
been very different
had you expressed the discussion from some specific experience that was
actual...then we
are finitely limited to thoughts and decisions that could in reality have
been taken then, or
things one could do now to make things "better."   But, if any of my
students ever pose a
"thought experiment" what-if, I am certainly going to expose the fallacy
of such arguemnts
with the Zen discipline that I used with my response.  If a student asked
me, "Zenbob,
what if I were on a boat with only one life preserver, the boat was
sinking, and there were
women and children on board, to whom should I throw the life preserver?"
I would respond with,
"Toss them all life preservers!  What kind of cruel person imagines a boat
with only one life preserver
when it has women and children as passengers?"  Or I could say, "You only
need to remind them
to fly from the boat, as each of us is actually a beautiful bird."

That is Zen, folks.

:)