Actually, the Senate Finance Committee has been looking into these
Televangelists' lavish lifestyles.
<http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/06/cbsnews_investigates/main3456977.shtml?source=mostpop_story>

What these so-called preachers affirm is called "The Prosperity Gospel"
which is considered a heresy among most mainstream (and even a good
number of Fundamental) Christians.

My favorite religious satire publication/website is The Wittenburg Door
<http://www.wittenburgdoor.com> where they regularly skewer these
theological hucksters as the next generation of "Elmer Gantrys" (a
cultural reference to a novel/movie critical of itinerant evangelists
who manipulate the masses to enrich themselves).

Most notable is their collection of Kenneth Copeland clips, the titles
of which are satiric in nature.
<http://www.wittenburgdoor.com/copelandclips>

Oh, this is not at all lost on the Christian community.  We've know
about these scam artists ever since the very first episode of the PTL
Club and the initial broadcast of the Trinity Broadcasting Network.
They've been sucking cash out of gullible seniors for decades now, and
they are all going to be exposed.

Cynth