From: "cid830" <I don't care if you are the Moderator. That is the sad
part... for NINE YEARS?  And you seemed to have not learned a thing. I think
you just feed off of making light of nice people's posts.>

That is your perception and you are entitled to your fantasy. Irony and
comedy are too different things. I don't seek peace, I seek passion. I see
people from my perspective, where the rubber hits the road and the
well-meaning hearts and open-minds are usually a lot of nothing and a waste
of space.

My experience with well-meaning hearts and open minds is that those are the
biggest hypocrites on earth, the blight on everything that is good in the
world, and the weak links in any substantial change. The well-meaning hearts
and the open minds never get it done. Look at the great era of the 1960s.
All the well-meaning hearts and open minds became the most corrupt
generation on earth. They are your politicians, lawyers, stock brokers,
accountants, etc. When the well meaning hearts and open minds have to choose
between helping others and a gold Rolex or a Lexus, what do you think

I think enlightenment is like any other "kool-aid." If you buy into the
concept, that is half the battle. The other half is finding people that will
tell you what you want to hear. Real enlightenment does not need you for
verification. It is real. There really are people who have never heard of
zen and have no interest in being enlightened who are enlightened.