I just recently joined the group, and wanted to introduce myself to everyone.
 My name is Jeremy, and I live in a small town in upstate New York, not too far
from the family farm where I grew up.  I have a B.S. degree in wildlife
biology, and have worked as a zookeeper, wildlife biologist, and environmental
educator.  I am very interested in different religions and cultures from around
the world, and am especially interested in the intersections between religion,
culture, and the environment.  Since the summer of 2006 I have been conducting
a short survey about the environment, am posting the responses on a blog I
created for the project, http://earthsurvey.blogspot.com  I have gotten back
nearly 400 responses so far, and would welcome your participation if you are
   I am especially interested in the religions and cultures of the Asian
region, and the environmental issues associated with them, which is part of my
reason for joining this group.  If anyone knows of any texts/documents/articles
that deal with this topic, please let me know!  They can be contemporary
pieces, historical pieces, or original religious documents.  I am trying to
expand both my knowledge of these religions and my library of related

Looking forward to being a part of the group and learning from all of you!

"We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our
Children." ~Native American proverb
Website http://jeremyjtaylor.tripod.com
Earth Survey Project http://earthsurvey.blogspot.com
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=604308540