"Bill Smart" wrote:I do remember reading Thoreau where he sat
comtemplating in front of his cabin all day.  That was something
probably very close to zazen, but he certainly didn't call it zazen.

OK, I go to the gym, do cardio for 30 minutes, listen to music, watch
the TV monitors. Is that walking zazen (kinhin)? Does that count? What
if I get in the zone? what if I have a moment of illumination? What if
I prayed or chanted during cardio?