JM,

No, I use satori and enlightenment as the same meaning. Traditionally Buddhism teaches that Nirvana comes after enlightenment, nirvana being final release when the spirit is no longer reborn and dissolves into nothingness, but Zen says that is simply what happens upon death since there is no rebirth, so in Zen enlightenment or satori is it.

In taoism enlightened beings can then aspire to become immortals and fly around the clouds and have super powers. Likewise though somewhat different in Tibetan Buddhism e.g. the Songs of Milarepa.

Edgar