Hi Edgar,

In terms of talking about what happens after satori, I like the title of the
book 'After the Ecstasy - the Laundry' (forgot the author). To my mind, this
does kind of imply the ordinariness of our true, natural state. I think that
people here are getting to hung up about what satori is and once experienced is
enlightenment forever. As you know, enlightenment is a moment to moment
experience and one can slip from one ox-herding stage to another in an
instance. I think this is the main difference between our way of thinking. I
believe that Zen and the practice of zazen helps to keep a person mindful of
their emotions day to day and moment to moment and so helps them recognise the
desires and aversions that lead towards unhappiness. A person who has a
spontaneous kensho or who loses their sense of self in a sporting
activity/nature/listening to music etc. will rarely achieve this a second time
and will almost certainly never intergrate this into a daily
 practice designed to 'bring the ox home'. Mike.