No 'transmission' of Zen is possible. You can't transmit direct experience of reality from one person to another. It's just a matter of opening one's own eyes. A teacher or whatever may help trigger such an awakening, but that is not 'transmission'.

As I've said before the only thing that is transmitted in the Zen sects is the leadership over temples, eg. one patriarch to another, but that is transmission of a worldly political authority, not Zen itself.

Edgar