I was hoping you would chime in on that point. I know that
often times it's a matter of symmantics or labels that we have to
use to describe what you call JUST THIS!. I really don't want to go
around and around defining terminologies. Siddharta Guatama is the
one who found the path to enlightenment (so I have heard). Zen
Buddhism, in my understanding, attempts to re-create that path
through his teachings, while losing alot of the unneccessary dogma
of traditional Buddhism. Was not that 'transmission' at Vulture Peak
preceded by years of strict adherence to the Buddha's teaching of
the path that he followed, as well as the knowledge he had learned
from his enlightenment? That student had trained to be ready for
that moment.

     You practice zazen, a meditational technique to train yourself
to dissolve the illusion of self. This, IMHO, is the one of the
Buddha's teachings. Which other "religions" recommend this practice?
Do you follow (or did you follow) any other teachings to get to this
point?  You even acknowlege the Buddha Nature, but you have re-
defined it as JUST THIS?

     I agree with you that zen has always been there. Many of these
other religions you mentioned were created to explain JUST THIS in
their own way. But most of them that I have any knowledge of profess
that there is a KEEPER of JUST THIS, and you must follow their
teachings to experience it in the AFTER-LIFE. They say to "follow my
finger to get to the moon" so-to-speak.  I think you may be reading
ALOT into the meaning of Jesus' sayings. Zen Buddhism does not
worship the Buddha, we only show respect for the man for showing us
the path. Not the only path, but a significant one nonetheless. It
is my contention that you have followed a Zen Buddhist Path to get
to this point, you do often mention the Buddha's teachings.

     I had been trying to 'strip' my Zen Buddhist beliefs from zen
for the sake of discussion on this forum. I see that zen means
different things to different people. Honestly, you have influenced
me temendously on here and have caused me to re-think my Buddhism
interlaced with my Zen. But, when Mike called me on it, I had to
take a second look at what got me to this point.

     Do you practice Zen? Or is it just a concept? I would really
like to know what makes up your practice today.

With Deepest Regards,