Yes, JMJM, but doesn't your school rely heavily on the Buddha's
teachings to come to this realization?  Under whose influence do you
connect to the universal life force? Who designed the principals
that you follow?

Thank You,

Chris

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Jue Miao Jing Ming - 覺妙精明
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Right on, Brother Bill.  Anything written down, spoken about are
just
> forms to describe a direct "connection" to the universal life
force and
> wisdom.
>
> As Edgar stated numerous times, "nothing else matters..."....
When we
> let go of our mind, we let go of our frame of reference.  No more
> capable of judgment, comparison, categorization.  No more
suffering....

> To lock in this synchronization, a chi based practice helps..
>
> _/\_
>

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Chris,
> >
> > In a recent post you wrote:
> >
> > >I do disagree with Bill's point that Zen has always
> > >stood alone and that other beliefs have tried to
> > >incorporate it, I believe it is the opposite, Zen
> > >has been isolated from Zen Buddhism and incorporated
> > >into other people's beliefs. Or something like that.
> >
> > This is an important point to me so I'd like to try to clarify
it.

> > If zen is indeed a 'direct experience of reality', then the
capability for
> > that experience that has existed 'forever', or at least as long
as
> > sentient
> > (self-aware) beings have existed. This experience certainly pre-
dates
> > Siddhartha Gautama Buddha. That is why I say 'zen' pre-dates
Buddhism,
> > Hinduism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, etc...
> >
> > I don't believe that 'other beliefs' (religions) have tried to
INCORPORATE
> > it (zen)'; I believe a direct experience of reality (zen) is the
BASIS for
> > all these other beliefs, and that the differences we see today
are due to
> > different culturally-based terms used to describe this
experience, and
> > lots
> > and lots of extraneous add-ons.
> >
> > For example when I read the Bible I interpret accounts of
directly
> > communicating with God (like Moses) or with the Archangel
Gabriel (like
> > Mohammed), or the experiences Jesus had after fasting for 40
days in the
> > wilderness as equivalent to the Japanese Zen Buddhist
term 'satori'. I
> > believe these are accounts of people directly experiencing
reality,
> > and then
> > trying to describe it in the best way they could. When Jesus
says, 'I am
> > the Way, the Truth and the Light; and no one can come to the
Father but by
> > me', to me he is saying 'I am not 'me' any longer. I am no
longer just a
> > man, I'm the way, the truth, the light. I am no longer under the
> > delusion I
> > have a self that is different and separate from other beings and
other
> > things. I am no longer under the delusion of duality. 'I' cease
to exist.
> > There is Only THIS. 'I' am my experience, nothing more and
nothing less.
> > And having this experience (direct experience of reality - zen)
as I have,