Well Chris, I am not sure I understand your question.  The way our
Teacher teaches is nothing but meditation for 15 years.  Then he
correlates Buddhist sutras and Tao Te Ching to our experience.  I was
taught by one of his students.  Also nothing but meditation for 5-6
years, then gradually relate my experience to the sutra.   Does this
answer your question?  Our Teacher is alive but no longer teaches now.
We just follow his way. We are all at-home practitioners without robe or
title or rules, except a few of us has a Dharma Name.  We are no body,
no one, nothing.

We have a big thick linage book, if that is what you are looking for,
then we are 48th Lingji(Rinzai in Japanese).  In our school however,
this does not mean much. Historically speaking, Buddha sent his "without
word" teaching to china through BodhiDharma.  He is recognized as the
First Patriarch of Chan.  When it reached the Third Patriarch, we can
already tell the Taoiest influence in his Xin-Xin Ming(shin-shin-ming).
That's why Osho said, Chan stripped away all the excess baggage of both
Buddhism and Taoism and kept its essence.

My Teacher defines Chan as the "universal life force and wisdom."  It is
the foundation of all existence.

Bill is right, everything else is just "lipstick".  :-)