From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, 6 October, 2008 18:03:23
Subject: RE: [Zen] Re: 2009 Best Way Pledge

Edgar,

You asked:
>I am curious as to why Thailand though? Are you working there or retired?

It's a long and winding road.  I happen to be on the Thailand section of the
road now.

I came here about 6 or 7 years ago on a consulting engagement.  At that time
I was living on a sailboat near Mobile, Alabama and was thinking about
sailing leisurely down through the Caribbean for a couple years and
eventually relocating in Brazil.  I'd worked in Brazil in the past and liked
it a lot.  While working in Bangkok I made several trips to Koh Samui (an
island off the extreme southeastern tip of Thailand in the Gulf of Siam) to
a friend-of-a- friend's small beach resort located there.  I liked Koh Samui
a lot so after my consulting engagement I decided to live there for 6 months
or so to give it a try.  I did, and found I liked it a lot (I tend to like
everywhere I live a lot), so arranged to dispose of my boat and relocated to
Koh Samui.  While living in Koh Samui I met the woman who is now my wife.
We were married about 5 years ago.  Soon after we married we moved from Koh
Samui to mountains in the northeastern part of Thailand, where my wife was
from originally.  We now live there.

I describe myself 'semi-retired' .  I still do some consulting.  I like to
work about 4 to 6 months a year.  I work mainly in Southeast Asia, India and
Australia, but will go wherever I find an interesting opportunity.

You can find more out about me at my personal website www.billsmart. com and
my business website www.billsmart. com/bsc.