From: [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jue Miao
Jing Ming - ????
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 9:41 PM
Subject: [Zen] Moral & moralistic

I was watching CNN discussing whether America is moral or moralistic
with a professor from Boston College and another one from Yale.

What I was impressed with and remembered was....

"Being moral is to act spontaneously in the interest of others..."

"Being moralistic is to rationalize my I actions based on a certain set
of standards..."

"Therefore America is moralistic and not moral..."