Dear Donald

find useful to collect all the verses I'm sending to the group.  I'm
not under the impression except from you that the group is really
interested knowing about the nature of consciousness.

Fifty verses of the Nature of Consciousness - Part 2 Manas

Seeds of delusion gives rise
to the internal formations of craving and afflictions.
These forces animate our consciousness
as body and mind manifest themselves.

With store consciousness as its support,
Manas arises
its function is mentation,
grasping the seeds its considers to be a "self".

The object of Manas is the mark of a self
found in the field of representations
at the point where Manas
and store consciousness touch.

As the ground of wholesome and unwholesome
of the other six manifesting consciousness,
manas continue discriminating.
Its nature its both indeterminate and obscured.

Manas goes with the five universals,
with mati of the five particulars,
and with the major and eight secondary afflictions.
All are indeterminate and obscured.

As shadow follows form,
manas always follows store.
It is a misguided attempt to survive,
craving for continuation and blind satisfation.

When the first stage of the boddhisatva path is attained,
the obstacles of knowledge and afflictions are transformed.
At the ten stage, the yogi transforms the belief in a separate self,
and stored consciousness is released from Manas.

I'll be sending the next verses soon.