Mayka,

Not completely true. At every moment we are doing 100s or 1000s of things. It is impossible to be focused on them all. There is a big difference between being awake and aware in the moment vs focusing on everything that is happening in that moment which is completely impossible.

It is possible for the Zen person to walk and chew gum simultaneously!

Consider right now. I am mindful of what I am typing but not of the movement of each finger on the keyboard. That is still Zen.

Be mindful, and let whatever focus happen naturally. But focus on reality in the present moment rather than getting lost focusing on mind contents.

Edgar