Good morning Edgar;

You're absolutely right the body is always doing many things all at
once.  The practice is to be aware about what is happening in the
body and in the mind and also surroundings.  Whether we achieve this
or not is a different matter.  I have never say that this is an easy
practice.  It can be boring and tedious.  I only said that is the
practice of the present moment in which the tool of breathing in
awareness is used.

Probably we both are trying to say the same but somehow we're getting
entangled with words.  The web is not an easy medium to express zen.

Mayka

> Mayka,
>
> You are missing my point. One's body is always doing many many
things
> at once. One could not exist otherwise. Scores of muscles have to
> move together to make even the simplest motion. To speak tongue
and
> lips and breath must all move at the same time. No one ever is
doing
> just one thing. That is an illusion.
>
> Edgar
>

> On Nov 2, 2008, at 2:58 PM, Mayka wrote:
>
> > Edgar;
> >
> > I believe you that if at every moment you're doing 100 or 1000 you
> > may find difficult to concentrate in what you're doing!. The whole
> > point of the practice of the present moment is breathing in
awarenes
> > so that your head is in togetherness with your body and also
aware of
> > the activities you're doing. Very difficult to manage. I believe
> > that. Tell me about it!!!. But that is the practice. If you're
> > walking, you try no to chew you to start with. In fact the same
> > practice put you off of chewing anything while you're walking.
> >
> > Mayka
> >
> > --- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, Edgar Owen <edgarowen@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Mayka,
> > >
> > > Not completely true. At every moment we are doing 100s or 1000s
of
> > > things. It is impossible to be focused on them all. There is a
big
> > > difference between being awake and aware in the moment vs
focusing
> > on
> > > everything that is happening in that moment which is completely
> > > impossible.
> > >
> > > It is possible for the Zen person to walk and chew gum
> > simultaneously!
> > >
> > > Consider right now. I am mindful of what I am typing but not of
> > the
> > > movement of each finger on the keyboard. That is still Zen.
> > >
> > > Be mindful, and let whatever focus happen naturally. But focus
on
> > > reality in the present moment rather than getting lost focusing
on
> > > mind contents.
> > >
> > > Edgar

> > only