I'm sorry to hear that whoever is the Administrator or Moderator on
this website has not fixed yet the problem with the post. Perhaps we
don't have anyone as Administrator or Moderator on this website!. The
only way I can think for you to have my post is to write in the
website and also to send to your personal email address the post.
Perhaps Mike Brown could do the same meantime. Once you receive our
both post throgh the group let us know and we'll stop sending you our
post twice your personal email and to the group.

I write to you from the website now.  Mayka is in Vasque language the
short name for Maria Carmen.  The name written in my post will be
Maria Lopez.  I'm saying this so that you can identify me better and
don't put me on the spam.

There is not a misleading in the meditation step saying "Present
moment/ wonderful moment".  In order to see it, one needs to
penetrate it like a diamond cutting through illusion.  Years ago, I
used to wonder like yourself the same question. By sitting down many
times with it specially in moments in which the last thing I felt was
present moment as a wonderful moment; I gradually started to tame the
irritation that such a statement produced in me specially in moments
of great distress and despair.  Instead of trying to see the meaning
of it, or allowing the intelectual, discriminative mind getting into
the way.  I just sit down with the "koan":

Breathing in for I dwell in the present moment  - Present moment
Breathing our for I know it's a wonderful moment - Wonderful moment

My foundings through the years have been many on this.  It was and it
is a wonderful moment because I felt and feel alive. I'm aware of
being alive.  Being alive was a miracle by itself. The part of
wonderful moment helped me to choose whatever state of mind I want to
be in.  It helps to see, touch, smell, sense...all the many wonders
of life ocurring at the present moment. This is also why the present
moment is wonderful.  It wouldn't be as wonderful without awareness
and freedom of choosing whatever we want to be.

Mayka

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Smart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mayka,
>
> I'm not able to get your posts as email - nor Mike Brown's.  I
don't
> know why.  I'm in the website now so I did see this one.
>
> TNH's meditation guide/koan 'Present moment.  Wonderful moment.' is
> saying EXACTLY what I said in my previous post: "...there is
no 'you'
> doing anything,  there is only ever one thing happening - Just
THIS!
> and it is only ever happening NOW.
>
> There is only this PRESENT MOMENT - no you, no other things going
on,
> and there is only now.
>
> Personally I think THN's 'Wonderful' qualifer on the second part is
> unnecessary and actually misleading.  I'd appreciate if you would
ask
> him (or your teacher) about that:  Why does he describe the Present
> Moment as 'wonderful'.  This is a dualistic qualifier which should
> not be applied to Present Moment.  There is only one eternal
Present