Hi Bill,

 Good luck with the difficult tasks you are undertaking.

What a wonderful insight about Buddha nature and the elderly.

Chuck from Texas

From: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Bill Smart
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2008 9:29 AM
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Zen] Re: TEST

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com <mailto:Zen_Forum%40yahoogroups.com> ,
Edgar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ANYONE STILL HERE?
>
> Edgar

Edgar et al,

I'm stll here lurking only. My father was very ill and I had to fly
to the US to be with him. Unfortnutaely he died when I was somewhere
over the Pacific Ocean flying out of Tokyo. I was informed of his
death when I turned on my mobile phone upon arriving in Detroit.

I was a good death for him. He had been fighting lymphoma (cancer of
the lymph nodes) for 4 or 5 years and has been in severe discomfort
for at least the last serveral months. He died on 05 Nov, just 3
days short of what would have been his 91st birthday.

I am now residing in my father's apartment in a retirement home which
is connected to the nursing home which houses my mother who is 89 and
has Alhzheimer's. I have the opportunity to bring my mom up to the
apartment every day,and to interact not only with her but with all
the other Alhzheimer patients. It you want to see Buddha Nature
unfettered and unadulterated you should spend time with some elderly
people such as these. They are such an inspiration! No clever games
or silly posturing. It is true WYSIWYG (what you see is what you
get), and that is what I call Buddha Nature - Just THIS!

I have been and will continue to be very busy trying to sort out all
the financial arrangements with will allow my mother to receive all
the benefits to which she is entitled and allow her to live the rest
of her life in comfort and with secutity. Much of that is dealing
with truts and lawyers and brokers and bankers. Also there was the
mountain of mail which accumulated over the past several months full
of bills and medical insurance jargon that I still haven't been able
to fully penetrate. ALso there is of course the arrangements with
Social Secutiy, my dad's pension and health insurance and hopfully
some VA surviving spouse benefits. The last part of this is planning
and accompanying her on a to northern California to a facility near
two of my daughters - Castro Valley or Santa Rosa areas.

I will continue to lurk, but don't expect much in the way of postings
for probably through the first of the year.

With deep appreciation....Bill!