Begin forwarded message:

From: Edgar Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: December 1, 2008 8:06:12 PM EST
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [evol-psych] Re: Essay: Without Infinite Regress

Robert,

Yes we do have mental models and consciousness does see (experience) them. That is in fact what I just said. What I said was that consciousness experiences a mental model of self and a mental model of consciousness as an object (content) of consciousness. Consciousness doesn't experience itself - it can't because it is experience itself. The buck stops there....

The eye cannot see itself. It can see only a model or image (eg. a reflection or photograph) of itself. That's the easy way to understand it.... Thus there is no infinite regress of eyes seeing eyes seeing eyes ad infinitum...

Edgar