"cid830" it looks like it is written by a pastor trying to justify
Christianity to skeptics. I don't think I'd be too interested in that.
Is this the case, or what is it about? What have you gotten out of it
so far?

I have found it to be very spiritually uplifting. It connects the
Bible to the positive messages and how Christianity is not about
hatred, etc. It also points out that some messages in the Bible are
not up for interpretation, and why. I have enjoyed the book so far. It
has re-defined some of my thinking about some topics.

I guess it also depends on your own field of experience. Some issues
are more interesting to me than others, but I have enjoyed reading the
points of view and ideas. The book is like a discussion, and I enjoy
the thoughtful tone.