Al,

When you mentioned that "it is all here, and that is it", I thought
you were on to something. But then the rest of the post proves
otherwise.

I have experienced "heaven" on earth often with living in the
moment, with breathing the air, with an awareness of all that's
around me. I have lived it. While deep in my practice and with daily
meditation. I have experienced some of these altered states, so you
don't know your shit from Shinola!

What is more pathetic, one who mistakenly believes they are living
heaven on earth, in tune with his surroundings, and showing love and
compassion for all living beings, or one who seems to hate where
they are, is intolerant of others', and hopes to find a much better
place AFTER they are dead. Your life, and your world, are what you
make it. If your life and your world suck, it is YOU who has made it
that way! Haven't we been here before?

Yes, every day there is no end to the murders, rapes, killing of
children, and numerous other horrible acts. And yes, this is as good
as it gets. So deal with it. Accept the things you cannot change,
change the things you can, and grow wise in knowing the difference.

Pick a practice, and stick with it, I'm sure you'll see a difference
soon!

Chris

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "fitness4u2163" <fitness1...@...>
wrote:

> "cid830" I don't have to rely on my "faith" to carry me into the
> promised land, after I die! The Kingdom of Heaven is among us!
> >

> That is as much a fantasy as anything else. To some degree it is a
lot
> worse and more pathetic to walk this earth thinking it is heaven.
> certainly hope that this is not as good as it gets. Read the news
and
> every day there is no end to the murders, rapes, killing of
children,
> and numerous other incidents that are much more horrible than
anything
> a normal person can imagine.
>
> By the way, in case you all haven't figured it out, satori is a
pure
> fantasy and all those altered states that are written about are
the
> purest form of bullshit ever created. When they say that there is
no
> there, they aren't kidding. It is all here, and that is it.
Nothing