Anthony,

I think Buddha Mind is inherent in all of us. But very few will
realize it in their lifetime. And killing, lying, womanizing, and
drinking cannot be justified. They are a fact of living. We all
choose our own path. Many of us are not even sure why.

Later,

Chris

> Bill,
>
> Thank you for your elucidation again. I can agree with all you say
except for your statement that nothing needs to be justified. Then,
kiling, lying, womanizing, drinking... do not need to be justified.
They are 'just this'.

> Anthony

experience. It is hollow if it is not successful in communicating. I
started to write a more detailed response to your post, but
remembered a good quote that I think makes the point pretty well:

> "The original mind or true self of the human being is the proper
ground of enlightenment. Original Mind is the intrinsic essence of
mind, the true self. It is inherently pure and good, and in Christian
terms it can be said to participate in the Kingdom of God. In Eastern
traditions it is prior to thought, prior to desire, prior to any
conceptualization at all. It is discovered by stripping away all
sensation, desire, concepts, intellection, volition, and awareness
of "I." It partakes of the Oneness of all. Buddhism calls this mind
the Buddha Nature, and much of Buddhist practice is aimed at its
realization. They also call it "no-mind" because it is without any
grasping at a (selfish) self. Taoists seek to strip away all
intellection and formalism in order to arrive at the spontaneous
activity of the natural man, who lives at one with the Tao of the
universe." (Unfortunately I do not know the source of this quote, but
it is self-explanatory and really
>  does not need to be authenticated by knowing the name of its
author)

> I often call this 'Just THIS!'.
>
> Original mind, Buddha Mind, no-mind, Kingdom of God/Kingdom of
Heaven proceeded Buddha, Buddhism, Zen Buddhism, Christianity and
zen. All of these, except zen, are religions built up around
someone's experience of Just THIS! and their subsequent attempts to
share this experience with their followers.. I exclude zen (as
distinct to Zen Buddhism) because zen does not have all the trappings
of a religion, but does share the attempt to share the experience
with others - but I've gone into my views on all of that ad nauseum
in many previous postings.

> To you last point in your posting:
> > The problem is that it tends to make things look easy. Since we
all
> >have the same Buddha mind, everything we do is justified.
>
> If you operate from your Buddha Mind, everything is easy. No
effort. No indecisions. No mind. Just THIS!

> Nothing is 'justified', nor needs to be justified. To whom would
you justify it? What is 'justice'? All just is. Just THIS! Nothing
more.

> ....Bill!

ps.com] On Behalf Of Anthony Wu
> Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2009 9:10 AM
> To: zen_fo...@yahoogrou ps.com
> Subject: RE: [Zen] Re: The Reason For God
>
> Both yours and Al's answer are very acceptable. On the other hand,
I have yet to prove the idea of 'Buddha mind' came from historical
Buddha. It may have been later Mahayanist invention. The problem is

over to Yahoo! Mail today! http://www.trueswitch.com/yahoo-sg