Good to hear from you, Mike,

I was taught that we all have the potential to become a buddha. All we
have to do is "realize" that potential with meditation and practice. It
has always been there, we must dissolve the Ego and let go of
attatchments, among other things, to see our True Self, beyond the
illusions of form. I guess that's why I "assumed" Buddha-Nature is
inherent in us all. Please help me to understand where I am wrong.

I must admit, though, I still have not practiced in quite awhile and my
memory of some of these lessons may definitely be confused.

Thank you for posting!

Chris

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, mike brown <uerusub...@...> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> I haven't been posting here for a while so it's good to be back to
catch up with all the usual suspects! I couldn't help noticing your
comment that you think Buddha-Nature is "inherent" in all of us. This
is view that seems to contradict a fundamental tenet of Buddhism - that
there is nothing inherent in any of us ie, nothing permanent. Isn't
this why Buddha rejected Hinduism because of its belief that every
person has an inherent atman (soul) which merges with Brahma when we
die? What do you think?