From: billsm...@hhs1963.org <billsm...@hhs1963.org>
Subject: RE: [Zen] Re: The Reason For God
To: Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 13 January, 2009, 9:09 PM

Anthony,

If you have a problem with the idea that 'everything is illusory', then you
have a problem with most of Buddhism and certainly with zen.

Actually, EVERYTHING is not illusory - but everything that comes about through
intellectualization is. Certainly Newton's Laws are illusory. They're the
product of his intellect. Your understanding of them is the product of your
intellect. Intellectualization s are illusory.

Pain is not illusory. Starving and dying are not illusory. SUFFERING from pain
or starving or dying is illusory.

The idea that all suffering is illusion is the basic tenant of Buddhism. What
books have you been reading lately?

....Bill!