"cid830" <> So, what were your Zen qualifications again? You read some
books? You visited some temples?>

Reading zen books was always a great pleasure for me. There are lots
of great zen books, the older ones seem to be the best, IMHO, though I
have not been reading a lot of them in the past ten years.

I practiced zazen at the zen temples of New York City, Miami (now
gone), Madrid, Paris, and Rome. In Paris, I had the great privilege to
go there on several occasions at the temple of Taisen Deshimaru. It
was a very impressive temple, the largest one that I have ever seen.
There were at least 250 people practicing zazen each time I visited,
and it really looked like a very living (and positive) community.

These are not qualifications, because I cannot say that I learned
anything in particular. These are just happy memories of good things
that I have been able to enjoy in my life.