Hi ED-

Thanks for the interesting article :-)

I'm a student of Jung, and he wrote about the differences between east
and west, actually saying much the same thing about cultural
differences, without the sophisticated technology to back it up of
course. I find it really interesting that so many of his ideas are
turning out to be right on the mark. :-)

I have always suspected - in general - that what Easterners are actually
doing when they do zazen or meditate, is quite different than what
Westerners are doing. I would be interested to see a study on this.

Happily, zazen isn't the only way. As Bill! remarked in a recent post,
there is also koan study. It worked very well for me - still does :-)

Artie

--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "ED" <seacrofter...@...> wrote:

> Culture wires the brain: A cognitive neuroscience perspective
> August 3rd, 2010 in Medicine & Health / Psychology & Psychiatry

FROM: Over the hills and far away. . .
The way to do is be. Lao Tzu